|November 18 - December 4, 2016 Paris, France|
Brigitte Chataignier and Company Prana present BHOPAL BLUE. Driven by the regenerative forces industrial Bhopal disaster (1984) has haunted the minds permanently imprinting its mark in the heart of India. This show aims to show the true face of India alive, vibrant, rebellious and more spiritual than ever. Two dancers, a musician, an actor venturing beyond themselves and gradually reveal the light of regenerative forces. Artistic direction, choreography Brigitte Chataignier - text Zéno Bianu - music Carol Robinson -light Sylvie Garot - scenography Philippe Lacroix
Brigitte Chataignier • Djeya Lestrehan (dance) • Jean-François Dusigne (actor) • Carol Robinson (basset horn, voice and electronics)
From Thursday to Saturday at 20:30, Sunday at 15:30
At: Théâtre du Soleil, Cartoucherie de Vincennes, Paris
Info: email@example.com / 02.23.20.09.51
|November 19 - December 10, 2016 Tamilnadu|
Schedule for KAISIKA NATAKAM
- 7.30pm: Performance at VADOOR RAMA TEMPLE near Thanjavur on Nov 19th
- 8pm: Performance at NANGUNERI PERUMAL TEMPLE on Dec 8th
- 9.30pm: Main performance at AZHAGIYA NAMBI TEMPLE, Tirukurungudi on Dec 10th
|December 1 - 30, 2016 Delhi, Rajasthan, Vrindavan, Tamilnadu|
Schedule for Geeta Chandran and Natya Vriksha
-1 Dec: Senior disciple Sneha Chakradhar will dance at India Habitat Centre as part of curator Usha RK’s production DIVYA PUSHPAM (All are welcome)
- 2 Dec: Geeta Chandran participates in a panel discussion on Skills as part of a two-day conference entitled ‘The Changing Landscape of Education - The New Metaphor’ hosted by the TERI Prakriti School, an initiative of The Energy and Resource Institute, TERI Gram, Gual Pahari, Gurgaon, 9:30am
-3 Dec: Geeta Chandran will address the Gurgaon Progressive Schools Council on Creating a Creative Curriculum: Focus on Music and Dance. The Council is meeting at Epicentre, Sector 44 Gurgaon. (Open only to GPSC Members)
-3 Dec: As part of the annual temple festivities, Geeta Chandran will dance solo at the Ayyappa Temple in Sector 22, R.K. Puram, at 7pm (All are welcome)
- 4 Dec: As part of the Mahakumbabhishikam of the Abhirami Ambal sameda Punniyakodeeswarar temple at Thiruvidaivasal, Kudavasal Taluk, Thiruvarur District, Tamil Nadu, Sharanya Chandran, daughter and disciple of Geeta Chandran will perform solo natya sewa. (All are welcome)
- 6 Dec: Geeta Chandran will inaugurate the Vedaaranya Heritage Festival (VHAH FEST 2016) at the enchanting heritage town, Ramgarh-Shekhawati in Rajasthan with her solo Bharatanatyam performance entitled SATYAM-SHIVAM-SUNDARAM highlighting philosophies from the Hindu Sanatana. (All are welcome)
- 11 Dec: Geeta Chandran and Natya Vriksha Dance Company will perform sewa at the Sri Radha Raman Temple in Vrindavan, 7pm. Presented by the Chaitanya Prema Samsthana. (All are welcome)
-17 Dec: Amritasruthi Radhakrishnan, senior disciple of Geeta Chandran will perform solo Bharatanatyam at the Ayyappa Temple in Sector 22, R.K. Puram, at 7pm (All are welcome)
- 20 Dec: Geeta Chandran and Sharanya Chandran will perform duo Bharatanatyam at the Stein Auditorium as part of the BHARAT EKTA SANSKRITIK UTSAV hosted by Debadhara. (All are welcome)
- 28 Dec: Sharanya Chandran will perform at the Sathguru Gnanananda Hall, Narada Gana Sabha, Chennai, 1:45 to 3:15pm (All are welcome)
- 29 Dec: Geeta Chandran will perform solo Bharatanatyam at the Sri Krishna Gana Sabha in Chennai at 7pm. Her performance is entitled ANEKANTA and will focus on the theme of multi-culturalism and acceptance of several truths, a concept culled from Jaina philosophy, and is based on the research of scholar-author Sudhamahi Regunathan. (ticketed show)
- 30 Dec: Geeta Chandran will speak on The Economics of Dance at the annual Natya Kala Conference hosted by the Sri Krishna Gana Sabha in Chennai. (All are welcome)
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.geetachandran.in
|December 2, 11 & 17, 2016 Delhi, Jaipur & Mumbai|
Schedule for Aditi Mangaldas and Drishtikon dance
- Dec 2, New Delhi, 7pm: Aditi Mangaldas presents solo WIDENING CIRCLES for the NATYA BALLET DANCE FESTIVAL at LTG Auditorium
Link to get passes: http://www.natyaballetcentre.com/events/aditi-mangaldas-widening-circles-2-dec-2016-700pm/
- Dec 11, Jaipur: Aditi Mangaldas presents solo WIDENING CIRCLES for the THIRAK UTSAV at Jawahar Kala Kendra
- Dec 17, Mumbai: Aditi Mangaldas conducts Kathak Master Class | Workshop at NCPA from 2pm – 6pm
For registration: (022) 6622 3822 / 0 70390 67878 / email@example.com
|December 3 - 18, 2016 India|
ETERNAL EMBRACE by Astad Deboo
Astad Deboo, pioneer of Indian contemporary dance, collaborates with musician Yukio Tsuji for the premiere performance of Eternal Embrace. This original dance, choreographed and performed by him, is inspired by the poem Maati, written by Sufi poet Hazrat Bulleh Shah. Embodying the poem's central themes, the piece explores the tensions between annihilation and infinity, the ephemeral and the material worlds. Tsuji's musical accompaniment on zither, shakuhachi flute, and percussion, is an original work of his, composed specifically for the performance.
-3rd Dec: Natya Ballet Dance Festival, Meghdoot theatre, New Delhi
-4th Dec: Kingdom of Dreams, Gurgaon
-9-10th Dec: Experimental Theatre, NCPA, Mumbai
-14th Dec: Alliance Francaise, Chennai, for Prakriti Foundation Poetry Festival
-16th Dec: UB City Mall, Bengaluru
-18th Dec: National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
|December 3 - 21, 2016 Delhi, Mumbai, Pune|
As a response to an archaic law that criminalises homosexuality in India, QUEEN-SIZE deliberately employs performed intimacy as a language for resistance. The work is committed to traveling to non-proscenium, non-metro settings and will be performed in various cities across the country over the next few months as part of a self-funded tour. Choreographed by Mandeep Raikhy, performed by Lalit Khatana and Parinay Mehra.
- Dec 3, Delhi: Goethe Max Mueller Bhavan, 7.30, 8, 8.30, 9pm. Entry free
- Dec 9, Mumbai: School of Environment & Architecture, Borivli West, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm.Free
- Dec 10, Mumbai: Sitara Studio, Kakasaheb Gadgil Marg, opp Indiabulls Finance Center, Lower Parel, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm (Rs.500 bookmyshow)
- Dec 11, Mumbai: Harkat Studio, Bungalow # 75, JP Rd, Aram Nagar part 2, Versova, Andheri West, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm (Rs.350 bookmyshow)
- Dec 14, Mumbai: Nateswar Bhavan, 493, 16th Rd, Khar Danda-Khar West, 8, 8.30, 9, 9.30pm (Rs.200 donor pass)
- Dec 16, Pune: Flame University, Gate #1270, Off Pune-Bangalore Highway, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm (Free)
- Dec 18, Pune: Artsphere, 402, 4th floor, North Court Building, 12 North Avenue Rd, Kalyani Nagar, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm (Rs.200 bookmyshow)
- Dec 21, Pune: TIFA Working Studios, 12A Connaught Rd, SAdhu Vaswani Chowk, 7, 7.30, 8, 8.30pm (Rs.200 bookmyshow)
|December 3 - 25, 2016 Bangalore, Chennai, Tirupati|
Schedule for Kavya Kasinathan, disciple of Mithun Shyam, Vaishnavi Natyashala, Bengaluru.
- 3rd Dec: Ayyappan Temple, Madiwala, Bengaluru - 6.30-7.30 pm
-19th Dec: Valeeswarar Temple, Mylapore, Chennai - 5.45-7.00 pm
-25th Dec: Nrithya Neerajana, Mahati Auditorium, Tirupati - 6.30-7.00 pm
Info : firstname.lastname@example.org / 9341248059
|December 4 - 22, 2016 Mumbai|
Schedule of Smitalay and Jhelum Paranjape for December 2016:
- 4th Dec, 11am: Traditional Odissi for Banyan Tree’s Tender Roots at Savarkar Hall, Mumbai
- 9th Dec, 10.40am: Lecture by Jhelum Paranjape on CHANGING TRENDS IN THE KINESTHETICS OF ODISSI IN A CHANGING ENVIRONMENT during the 49th World Congress of Dance for
International Dance Council 2016 at Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai
- 9th Dec, 6.30pm: Performance by Jhelum Paranjape and her disciples during the 49th World Congress of Dance for International Dance Council 2016 at ISKCON Auditorium, Mumbai
- 10th Dec, 10.30am: Workshop conducted by Jhelum Paranjape (Adaptability of animal movements in Odissi to any dance form) during the 49th World Congress of Dance for International Dance Council 2016 at Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai
- 10th Dec, 7pm: FARM TO JUNGLE for and at Tridha School, Mumbai.
- 15th Dec, 7pm: Odissi Performance during the Samudra Manthan Awards for Bhandarkar Shipping Events at Hyatt, Mumbai
- 22nd Dec, 1pm: BAHINAAI during the Sahitya Mahotsav for and at M P Shah Mahila College, Malad West
Info: email@example.com / www.smitalay.com
|December 4 - 31, 2016 Sri Lanka, Kolkata, Cuttack|
Sapphire events in December
- 4th Dec: Workshop by Sapphire Creations at NatFest on DYNAMICS OF STILLNESS
At: Nelung Arts Foundation, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 3.30pm to 5pm
- 6th Dec: Performance of REMEMBER. RELIVE. RECONCILE
Specially designed for Natfest, this piece comprises encompasses and recombines excerpts of various solo and duet pieces that Koushik Das and Ankita Dutta Gupta, senior dancers of the Sapphire repertory, have created in their choreographic practice in the last few years under the guidance of various international choreographers including Sapphire Artistic Director Sudarshan Chakravorty. The piece relooks at events and people past dear to us and how they become memories; how those memories are relived when we reminisce or meet them after many years. How the dreams that we dreamt and aspirations that we had become a memory too and how a failure or success makes us live those moments again. A time travel through dance designed as a special gift from India.
At: NICD Mahinda Rajapaksha Auditorium, Pogolla Kandy, Sri Lanka, 6pm
- 10th Dec: Performance EKAHARYA by Sudarshan Chakravorty. As part of MONOLOGUES, a solo arts festival curated by Sujoyprosad Chatterjee, Sudarshan premieres his new solo work commenting on the conflict of artistic and societal perspectives of femininity in male bodies and questioning the irony of divinity with and without the alter of 'performance'.
Music: Live vocals by Shiuli, percussions by Koushik
Special voice and music by DJ Akash, Lights: Dinesh Poddar, Costumes: Abhishek
At: ICCR Auditorium, Kolkata, 6.30pm
- 31st Dec: Sapphire Creations Dance Company presents SAPPHIRESCOPE, an amalgam of dance, visuals, music and more for the New Year Eve performance with a breathtaking journey of Indian Contemporary dance drawn from various impulses of physical wisdom including acro yoga, martial arts, aerial work and so on with a 12 member team of Sapphire
At: Cuttack Club, Odisha, 8pm
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.sapphirecreations.org
|December 5, 2016 Trivandrum|
Ayswaria Warrier and Sridevi Unni perform for SOORYA INDIA MOHINIYATTAM FESTIVAL.
Venue: Municipal Auditorium (behind Tagore Theatre), 6.45pm
|December 5 - 10, 12 - 16, 2016 Chennai|
As part of the December festivities of learning and knowledge, Bharata Kalanjali is conducting two specific workshops for Present, Visiting & Alumni Students. This workshop is also open to other dancers who are keen to attend. Both these workshops are for advanced students of natya who wish to equip themselves with these two seemingly counter facing aspects of natya. One that explores the extempore and the other that creates within a limited pattern. Both these topics have been specifically chosen keeping in mind the need for these to be addressed in today’s natya practice. Coincidentally, these also deal with their own favourites and specialities which they are endeared for. Sanchari will be conducted by Guru VP Dhananjayan & CP Satyajit from Dec 5 – 10 from 10am – 12pm. Pushkala Gopal will be conducting the Theermana workshop from Dec 12 – 16 from 10am – 12pm.
For more details please write to email@example.com or call Anupama Satyajit @ +91988116361
|December 6, 2016 NYC|
Parijat Desai participates in SIGNS OF THE TIMES as part of the Crossing Boundaries dance series at Dixon Place. It's a new 3-song set with Broadway actress/vocalist Cicily Daniels, guitarist and Raga Massive stalwart David Ellenbogen, and Vin Scialla on drums
At: Dixon Place, 161A Chrystie Street, NYC, 7:30pm
|December 6 & 7, 2016 Rourkela, Odisha|
6TH RUDRA DHARA & SMRUTI SHRADHANJALI FESTIVAL 2016 is organized by Debnrutyam Dance Studio. Featuring Eiko Shinohara & Yuzuki Tanabe (Odissi, Japan), Roopa Kiran (BN, Hong Kong), Arunima Sengupta (Kathak, Kolkata), Kalamandalam Swarnadeepa Mohanta (Mohiniattam, Durgapur), Elena Knyazeva (Odissi, Moscow), Raja Dutta (BN, Kolkata), Ravi G (Kuchipudi, Hyderabad).
Venue: Civic Center, Sec-19, Rourkela, 6.30pm. All are welcome.
|December 6 - 23, 2016 Karnataka, Chennai|
Schedule for Nirupama, Rajendra and Abhinava Dance Company.
- Dec 6 & 7, Bangalore: BHAANIKA, solo performance on Ashtanaayika by Nirupama Rajendra organised by Kalapoornima. Tickets available at www.prabhathtalkies.com
- Dec 11, Chennai: Nirupama & Rajendra will be conferred the NRITHYA CHOODAMANI Award by Sri Krishna Gana Sabha.
- Dec 17, Mangalore: ADC performs for the Time Square Music & Dance Festival-2016 organized by Expert Group of Institutions at 6 pm at the campus in Valachil, Mangalore. This will be an open air concert open to public.
- Dec 18, Mangalore: Nirupama - Rajendra with Abhinava perform for Sangeet Bharati Foundation at the Mangalore Town Hall. This concert is open to the members of the organisation and all music & dance lovers.
- Dec 23, Chennai: Nirupama & Rajendra along with ADC present VIBHOOTHI: The Dance of Exuberance for the 61st December Art & Dance Festival 2016 of Sri Krishna Gana Sabha at Dr. Nalli Gana Vihar, T. Nagar, 7pm.
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.abhinavadancecompany.com
|December 7, 8 & 24, 2016 Karnataka|
Schedule for Chitra Arvind and Rhythmotion.
-Dec 7, 6pm: RAKSHISU NAMMANANAVARATA, Bharatanatyam dance feature by Rhythmotion at Kala Bhavan, Hassan.
- Dec 8, 11am: Lecture Demonstration by Chitra Arvind on ‘Choreography in Indian classical and Contemporary dance idioms’ followed by a contemporary dance performance YATRA-RIVER OF LIFE at Dr. Gangubai Hangal Music and Performing Arts University, Mysore.
- Dec 24, 5pm: KATHAK NRITYASARI by Alar Arvind and Chitra Arvind as part of Mandayam Sabha Centenary Celebrations at Jnana Jyothi Auditorium, Palace Road, Bengaluru.
Info: email@example.com / www.rhythmotion.org
|December 7 - 11, 2016 Mumbai|
49th World Congress on Dance Research is on LINKING WORLDS THROUGH DANCE. The congress is open to all forms of dance: classical, ballet, modern, folk, ballroom, Oriental, tango, therapeutical, recreational, revival etc. The programme includes: scientific research reports (papers), lectures, workshops, video presentations, exhibitions, performances, informal evenings. You can attend with or without a presentation. Hundreds of dance professionals from dozens of countries will attend.
The Congress is organized by the Dadar-Mumbai Section of the International Dance Council CID at UNESCO, the official organization for all forms of dance in all countries. It will take place at the Sahara Star Hotel Mumbai Airport.
Contacts: President of Dadar-Mumbai Section CID, Lata Surendra - +91 982321 5486
Vice-President, Surendra S. Menon - +91 982322 4909, Nandlal Rele - +91 982002 9289
Up-to-date information: http://DadarMumbaiCID.org/
|December 8, 16 & 17, 2016 Mysore, Bangalore, Chennai|
Schedule for Padmaja Suresh
Dec 8, Mysore: Lecture demonstration- Philosophy of transcendence in Dance movement (perspective of dancer and spectator) at Dr. Gangubhai Hangal Music and Performing Arts University, 10.30am.
Dec 16, Bangalore: Shivoham, dance feature for silver jubilee of Structural School of Fine Arts, at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans, Race Course Road, 6.30pm
Dec 17, Chennai: Yantra, Mantra, Tantra and Natya - a talk demonstration at CPR Institute of Indological Research, Alwarpet, 11am
|December 9, 2016 Mumbai|
Jnanapravaha presents SCHOLAR-KING SERFOJI II OF TANJORE (1798-1832): TRANSFORMING TRADITION, SHAPING MODERNITY, a talk by Indira Peterson, Professor of Asian Studies, Emerita, Mount Holyoke College, USA. Serfoji II (1798-1832), the Maratha ruler of Tanjore, was a pioneer of Indian modernity. Drawing on a recently-completed biography, this talk illuminates the king’s extraordinary intellectual career and cultural innovations. Serfoji achieved a synthesis of Enlightenment and Indian knowledge systems, of tradition and modernity, and of European and Indian arts and cultural practices. His legacies include the Sarasvati Mahal Library, Bharata Natyam dance, modern schools, and the first Indian-owned printing press for Sanskrit and Marathi.
Venue: Jnanapravaha, Queens Mansion, 3rd Floor, G. Talwatkar Marg, Fort, Mumbai 400001, 6.30pm
Please note that registrations via email are required for this free lecture. Kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|December 9 - 11, 2016 Jaipur|
Thirak India Cultural Society of Jaipur is organising the third edition of THIRAK UTSAV, a 3 day Indian classical dance festival.
- Performances at Jawahar Kala Kendra, 6.30pm
Dec 9: Manisha Gulyani (Kathak), Rama Vaidyanathan (BN)
Dec 10: Saswat Joshi (Odissi), Prerana Shrimali (Kathak)
Dec 11: Anwesa Mahanta (Sattriya), Aditi Mangaldas (Kathak)
- Dec 10, Symposium on Jaipur Gharana of Kathak at Krishnayan, 10am to 2pm
Charan Girdhar Chand: Contributions of Guru Narayan Prasad
Pt Rajendra Gangani: Contributions of Guru Kundanlal Gangani
Geetanjali Lal: Contributions of Gurus Devilal & Durgalal
Pt Girdhari Maharaj: Contributions of Pt Laxminarayan
Moderator: Prerana Shrimali
- Dec 11, Symposium on Jaipur Gharana of Kathak at Krishnayan, 10am to 2pm
Una Sharma: Contributions of Guru Sundar Prasad
Sushmita Mishra & Kajal Mishra: Contributions of Gurus Jailal & Ramgopal
Rekha Thakar & Sangita Singhal: Contributions of Guru Gauri Shankar
Pt Rajkumar Javda: Contributions of Guru Kanhaiyalal Javda
Moderator: Prerana Shrimali
- Dec 10, Master Class at Krishnayan
Pt Rajendra Gangani (3-4pm), Geetanjali Lal (4-5pm), Girdhar Chand (5-6pm)
- Dec 11, Master Class at Krishnayan
Sushmita Mishra & Kajal Mishra (3-4pm), Uma Sharma (4-5pm)
Info: 7665500678 / email@example.com
|December 9 -11, 2016 New Delhi|
IGNCA presents M.S. Subbulakshmi Birth Centenary Commemoration.
Dec 9, 10.30am to 5pm: seminar on MS
Dec 10, 6pm: Hindustani vocal recital by Jeyateerath Mevindi
Dec 11, 6pm: Carnatic vocal recital by Ranjani & Gayatri
Venue: IGNCA Auditorium, C.V. Mess, Janpath, New Delhi
Info: (011) – 23388155
|December 10, 2016 Bangalore|
KAMPNI KUTCHERI features Mohiniattam by Rekha Raju and Konnakol by Somashekar Jois
At: Natya Stem Dance Kampni, #37, Bhoomika, 17th Cross, between 4th & 6th Main, Malleswaram, Bangalore 560055, 6.30pm. (Appreciation fee Rs.49 per person)
Ph: (080) – 23348645 / firstname.lastname@example.org
|December 15 - 17, 2016 New Delhi|
IGNCA presents Acarya Abhinavgupta Millennium Celebrations - International Seminar & Exhibition on ACARYA ABHINAVAGUPTA: THE GENIUS OF KASHMIR. The seminar shall explore the idea of the completeness as seen in Abhinavagupta, an individual belonging to Kashmir but influencing the subcontinent, seeking self knowledge but enjoying the world as beauty. The seminar is expected to highlight the contemporary relevance of the works of Abhinvagupta by paying attention to each aspect of his rich contribution and its influence on his successors. Eminent Indian scholars from various parts of India are expected to read papers and participate in the discussions along with specialists from different countries viz., Germany, France, UK, Italy, Rome, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, and USA.
Venue: IGNCA, New Delhi
Info: (011) – 23388438 / email@example.com
|December 16, 2016 Mumbai|
Partake in Sunil Kothari’s singular brand of curiosity when he conducts his Mumbai Local talk MY JOURNEY THROUGH DANCE: ANECDOTES, DANCE CRITICISM. Over the years, his travels have spanned myriad dance forms as well as the length and breadth of the country. And at every step, he has asked questions and offered insights that have pushed the boundaries of both the performers and their art forms. His session promises anecdotes, stories and insights on what it means to hold a mirror up to performers finding their own voices, and how dance can be connected with and relevant to how we perceive and seek to reimagine our cultural and social contexts. This session is part of Junoon‘s Mumbai Local series, and is free and open for all.
At: Fort’s Kitab Khana, 5.30pm
|December 16-21, 2016 Ahmedabad|
Performance of Guru Suprava Mishra and students of Aum Arts Dance Academy
- 16th Dec: H.K. Arts College, Ahmedabad, 8 pm. Kalavati pallavi (Odissi dance)
- 18th Dec: Kushabhau Thakre Community Hall, CTM Ahmedabad, 3pm (Shri Radha- Odissi dance drama)
- 19th to 21st Dec: 3 day Odissi dance workshop by Guru Aloka Kanungo
|December 16 - 23, 2016 Goa|
SERENDIPITY ARTS FESTIVAL is a curated interdisciplinary arts festival at Panaji, with 8 days of exhibitions, performances, workshops, and talks spread across 7 venues along the city’s historic waterfront. On Dec 22, Amrita Lahiri presents a new work 'Samudra- Ocean Mother', with percussion by Singaporean artist Nawaz Mirajkar and vocal by Sudha Raghuraman, in addition to a complete Carnatic orchestra.
|December 17, 2016 Chicago|
Chicago pays a tribute to M.S. Subbulakshmi at the Elmhurst College World Music Series.
Kalapriya and Elmhurst College pay tribute to the late M. S. Subbulakshmi, known as the “Nightingale of India.” The tribute offers a view of the person, the events in her life and the world she occupied. It is the only one to be curated by Gowri Ramnarayan who has known M.S. all her life. She has been her biographer, her student and protégé. Gowri shows the evolution of her global appeal through the songs she sang at various stages of the history of the century that she was born into. Each song will be preceded by the stories and relationships and historical events that brought them into her life.
At: Elmhurst College Hammerschmidt Chapel, 7:30pm (ticketed show)
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / 312-436-2789
|December 19 & 20, 2016 Kerala|
Kalanjali, California and Chennai presents Bharatanatyamin celebration of the memory of K Ambu Panikkar and KP Kunhiraman featuring Kalakshetra KP Yesodha granddaughter of Ambu Panikkar),with Suresh Sridhar, MB Vijayalakshmi, and Vinod Kumar (great grandson of Ambu Panikkar)
Dec 19, at 6:30pm: Kalamandalam's Koothambalam, Cheruthuruthy
Dec 20, at 8:45pm: Guruvayoor Temple
All are welcome.
|December 23-25, 2016 Vijayawada |
Kuchipudi dancer Sarvani Yadavalli participates in Silicon Andhra Kuchipudi Convention.
|December 26 & 27, 2016 Gurgaon & New Delhi|
Schedule for Guru Uma Anantani and Rasadhwani.
- Dec 26: HARI-HARA, a solo Bharatanatyam presentation by Shivangee Vikram of Rasadhwani, Ahmedabad. Bharatanatyam has adapted its thematic content from the Vedic rituals, Vedantic philosophy, Bhakti movement, tantra, mantra and yantra techniques. The repertoire is influenced by both Shaivite and Vaishnavite modes of understanding the Brahman. The dancer/devotee identifies the soul with the Supreme Being. 'Hari-Hara' manifests this divine concept of Bharatanatyam through aesthetically choreographed dance kriti-s.
Venue: EPICENTRE, Gurgaon, 7.30pm
- Dec 27: PANCHALI-FROM FIRE TO FIRE, a classical dance adaptation from the novel ‘The Palace of Illusions’ by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Concept, Choreography & Direction by Dr. Uma Anantani
Venue: India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 7pm
Info: email@example.com / www.rasadhwani.com