|April 14 - June 5, 2015 UK|
Divya Kasturi and Watford Palace Theatre presents ‘FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD?’
What happens when a stranger takes over your online identity? Do you find yourselves having to create innumerable number of usernames and passwords for almost every window that you end up opening online? Inspired by real –life experiences, this stunning theatrical-dance work explores issues of trust and identity integrating hologram technology, contemporary South Asian dance and mesmerising live vocals. Divya Kasturi has worked with Sir Paul McCartney and Nitin Sawhney. Her work uses digital technology that augments her unique movement style.
- April 14: Watford Palace Theatre, 01733 207239
- May 9: Key Theatre, Peterborough, 01733 207239
- May 12: The Place, London, 020 7121 1100 (includes a complimentary installation and a post show Q & A with the artistic team)
- June 5: Harlow Playhouse, 01279 431945
|May 2, 22 & 24, 2015 Thane, Thrissur & Bangalore |
- May 2: Samved Society for Performing Arts celebrates RAJAT JAYANTI MAHOTSAV, 25th Pt. Durgalal Festival featuring Vaibhav Arekar & Group - Bharatanatyam, Uma Dogra & Group - Kathak.
Venue: Dr. Kashinath Ghanekar Mini Hall Thane West, 5pm to 7pm
- May 22: Samved in association with Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi featuring Vaibhav Arekar, Uma Dogra, Gopika Varma
At: KT Muhammed Smaraka Theatre, Thrissur, 6.30pm
- May 24: Samved in association with Vaishnavi Natyashala featuring Uma Dogra- Kathak, Vaibhav Arekar- Bharatanatyam, Gopika Varma- Mohiniattam
At: Nruthyakshetra, Kasturi Rangamandira, Bangalore, 6.30pm
Info: email@example.com / www.umadogra.com
|May 3, 21 - 23, 2015 Mississauga, Toronto |
Sampradaya Dance Creations officially announces its 25th Anniversary season from this month.
- May 3: Children’s Film Festival in partnership with FILMI Toronto, the third annual presentation of this family-friendly festival dedicated to showcasing excellence in South Asian films and artists. The festival curates a series of short films, from documentaries, that speak to children and youth across all cultures and ages.
At: Sampradaya Theatre, Mississauga, ON
- May 21-23: NIRANTARA – BEYOND SPACE AND TIME, 25th anniversary production, choreographed by Lata Pada. Live music is composed and performed by pianist Anil Srinivasan and Carnatic vocalist Sikkil Gurucharan (both from India) along with Aruna Narayan Kalle, Toronto based sarangi artist.
At: Fleck Dance Theatre, Harbourfront Centre, Toronto
|May 10 & 30, Basel, Switzerland|
- May 10: Das Tanzfest presents a Bharatanatyam recital by Anjali Keshava, Sumitra Keshava and D. Keshava
At: Zirkuszelt, Dreispitz, 1pm (www.dastanzfest.ch)
- May 30: The Association of Friends of India in Basel will celebrate the 50th anniversary of its foundation with a spectacular “Festival of India” in the Landgasthof Riehen, where for a day you can immerse yourself in the country’s bewitching dance and music. At the Festival of India, D. Keshava will hold a workshop on the authentic South Indian Hatha Yoga School. Sumitra Keshava will give an introduction to the beautiful world of Bharatanatyam. In the afternoon, Kalasri children’s dance group will present the traditional Bharatanatyam repertoire and folk dances. The evening program features a North Indian concert with Ken Zuckerman and Udai Mazumdar. With their dance ensemble D. Keshava, Anjali Keshava and Sumitra Keshava bring to life a magical world of dance with stories, sounds and magnificent costumes in which the body, feelings and thoughts unite and bring joy to the soul. The Kalasri youth Company will present Indian dances.
At: Landgasthof Riehen Baselstrasse 38, 3–11pm. Admission free
|May 16 - June 7, 2015 New Jersey|
Bala Devi Chandrashekar and SPNAPA Academy of Performing Arts is holding a series of fund raiser
Bharatanatyam performances on the following dates in New Jersey. All funds collected will be donated to the Nepal
Earthquake Relief fund.
- 16th May - Edison, NJ
- 17th May - Bridgewater, NJ
- 24th May - Bridgewater, NJ
- 30th May - Livingston, NJ
- 7th June - Edison, NJ
More details on www.shreepadmanrityam.org
|May 21 - 29, 2015 Chile|
Janaki Rangarajan conducts workshops and presents solo Bharatanatyam performances.
|May 23 & 24, 2015 London|
Balbir Singh Dance Company present SYNCHRONISED as part of Alchemy Festival, celebrating culture and sport with live music, synchronised swimming, Kathak and contemporary dance. Directed and choreographed by Balbir Singh with music composed by Jesse Bannister. Chorus sung by Southbank Centre’s VoiceLab. Take a vibrant journey around the world as you encounter sea serpents and magnificent rivers and pay homage to Busby Berkeley’s legendary ‘water musicals’ of the 1940s and 1950s.
- 23 May, 3.30pm & 7.30pm
- 24 May, 1pm & 3pm
At: Orchard Lisle swimming pool at The Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, Westminster Bridge Road, London
|May 24, 2015 Udipi, Karnataka|
Bharatanatyam artists Badari Divya Bhushan & Dr. Anjana Bhushan, perform for RAJATHA MAHOTASAVA at the Divine abode of Lord Krishna- Udupi! Organized by Sri Krishna Mata, Sri Paryaya Kaniyur mata & Nrityaniketana –Udupi. They will be present COLORS OF KRISHNA (Neo Bhartanatyam) as well as pure Bhartanatyam from their repertoire. They will be accompanied by their disciples from Bhushans' Academy of Performing Arts & Visual Presentation - Maithri Rao, Anupama Rao, Saudhamini, Divyasree, Neha Shalini Pramod, Anjana ,Shubha, Tejaswini & Harshala.
Venue: Rajangana, Udupi,7pm
|May 24, 2015 Thrissur, Kerala|
The documentary VESHAM: KALAMANDALAM GOPI by Radhakrishna Varier, who has conceived and directed it, will be premièred at Sree Theatre, Thrissur, at 8.30am.
|May 25, 2015 London|
YUVA South Asian Youth Dance Competition is part of Alchemy Festival
At: The Clore Ballroom, at Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, London, 11:30am - 6:30pm. Free
|May 27, 2015 New Delhi|
IGNCA’s research and documentation project on Gita Govinda, the 12th century work of Jayadeva comes to a closure with the publishing of an interactive multimedia presentation. This presentation will be released by Jawhar Sircar, CEO, Prasar Bharati in the presence of Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan, eminent scholar and project promulgator. The function will be chaired by Chinmaya R. Gharekhan, President, IGNCA Trust.
Venue: IGNCA, Auditorium, C.V. Mess, IGNCA, 6.30pm
Contact: (011) - 23388445
|May 28, 2015 Kerala|
Kalasagar Kavalappara presents KALASAGAR AWARDS 2015. The highlight of the event will be Kathakali play BAALIVIJAYAM in which Sadanam Krishnankutty (Ravanan), Kalamandalam Ramachandranunnithan (Naradan), Sadanam Krishnadas (Bali) and RLV Pramod (Mandodiri) will be with the make-up style conceived and visualized by Kalamandalam Krishnankutty Poduval. Kalamandalam Raman Namboodiri, Gopi Krishnan Thamburan, Kalamandalam Aneesh, Kalanilayam Rajeev and other eminent artists will be participating.
At: Changapuzha Park, Edappally, 5.30pm to 10.30pm
Contact Rajan Poduval: firstname.lastname@example.org / 9282449995
|May 29, 2015 Bangalore|
As part of the series of events organized for Rasika’s Silver Jubilee Celebrations BELLI HEJJE, The Kirans present NRITYA VAIBHAVA featuring Parshwanath Upadhye and Shruti Upadhye, Praveen Kumar and the Chithkala School of Dance in MAHAMAYA.
At: Sevasadan, Malleswaram, Bangalore, 6.30pm
|May 29 - 31, 2015 Kolwan, Pune|
Chinmaya Naada Bindu presents the 5th NAADA BINDU FESTIVAL with 6 performances, 2 lec-dems and other cultural activities.
At: Chinmaya Vibhooti, Kolwan, Pune
|May 29 & 31, 2015 Thane & Mumbai|
Dr. Tushar Guha’s Nrityanjali the institute of performing arts, education, personality development & management services presents Folk Dances of India and dance drama CHAITANYA MAHAPRABHU. Folk dances of India will take us through the myriad of folk traditions in India including worship of the Goddess from Maharashtra, Ghoomar from Rajasthan, Dandiya from Gujarat, Adivasi from Tamil Nadu, Brotochari from West Bengal, Rangabati from Orissa – choreographed by Guru Dr. Tushar Guha.
Conceptualised by Dr. Tushar Guha, with authenticated information shared from Sri Chaitanya Charitamrata of Iskcon and Shri Shri Prema Dhama Deva Stotram led by Shripad Bhudev Prabhu, the script of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is approved by Sri Bhakti Vedanta Narayan Prabhuji of Shri Keshavji Gaudiya Math. Based on the life of Shree Chaitanya born in 1486 AD., the dance drama depicts the need for re-incarnation of Lord Shri Krishna as Nimai (later Chaitanya) and how the message of love and peace spread through his simple ways of life, his knowledge and his compassion. The music is by Pt. Ronu Majumdar.
Three generations artistes, Tushar Guha, daughter Anonna Guha and granddaughter 3 year old Aditri Dutta will be coming together for the first time in this dance drama. Tushar Guha essays the role of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, Anonna Guha as Radha and Baby Aditri as baby Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- May 29: Kashinath Ghanekar Auditorium, Thane
- May 31: Savitribai Phule Sabhagriha, Dombivli at 8.30pm
Info: 9987002658, 022-25967388 / email@example.com
|May 30, 2015 Parramatta, Australia|
Lingalayam presents DANCES OF DIVINITY, , a performance that brings to life the lyricism of the Hindu dancing deities, featuring Lingalayam dancers with Mohanapriyan from Apsaras Arts, Singapore.
Concept, choreographic design & artistic design: Aravinth Kumaraswamy
At: Riverside Theatres, Parramatta, NSW, 7.30pm
|May 30, 2015 Kolkata|
Nrityanjali Traditional School of Kathak presents an evening of north Indian classical concert ARPANAM, a tribute in the memory of the Kathak maestro Pandit Chitresh Das featuring Nrityanjali Indian Dance Company, directed by Susanta Ghosh. Accompaniment by: tabla - Pratik Mukherjee and Sanjay Chakraborty, vocal - Biswajit Ghosh, sitar- Chandrachur Bhattacharya, sarangi- Umesh Mishra
Venue: Satyajit Roy Auditorium (ICCR, Calcutta), 9A Ho Chi Minh Sarani, Kolkata 700 071, 5:30pm
|May 31, 2015 Ramanagara Taluk, Karnataka|
Kalpashree Performing Arts Centre Trust celebrates its 25th Anniversary KALPA SHREE NRUTHYA VAIBHAVA with a classical dance festival. Performers include: Students of Hemagovindaraju (BN, Bangalore), Students of Natya Saraswathi Kuchipudi Academy
(Kuchipudi, Bangalore), Ananya Harish (Kuchipudi, Channapatna), Students of Kalpashree
(BN, Channapatna), Madhulitha Mohapatra & Team Nrityantar (Oddisi, Bangalore), Poorna Acharya & team Alanakrtha Centre for Performing Arts (Kathak, Bangalore).
At: Janapadaloka, B.M. Road, Ramanagara Taluk & Dist, 10.30am to 3pm
|May 31, 2015 London|
Pulse presents TAGORE: NEW VOICES AND DECREASING INFINITY, with performances from some of the UK's finest South Asian dancers: Kali Chandrasegaram, Arunima Kumar, Katie Ryan and Urja Thakore. Balbir Singh Dance Company presents a ground-breaking male duet featuring Francis Christeller and Sooraj Subramaniam.
At: Rich Mix, London, 6pm