|October 20 – December 31, 2014 New Delhi|
Natya Vriksha presents IN THE CLICK OF A MOVEMENT, an exhibition of iconic photographs by Rakesh Sahai, which celebrate four decades of the artistry of dancer Geeta Chandran. For the past five years, Rakesh Sahai has been following the dancer on her creative journey, and the collaboration between dancer and photographer has thrown up a spectacular oeuvre of images.
At: Desmania (Sandhya Raman’s atelier), F-213 – C, Lado Sarai, New Delhi, from 10am to 7pm.
Ph: Desmania Foundation 46576170. Entry is open and free. (Sundays closed)
|December 1 - 28, 2014 Odisha & Kolkata|
Schedule for Ileana Citaristi and Art Vision
-1st Dec, Sambalpur: Art Vision directed by Ileana Citaristi perform Odissi group and duet for 150th Anniversary Celebration of C.S. Zilla School at Sambalpur, Odisha, organized by Old Boy’s Association.
- 14th Dec, Kolkata: Art Vision presents Odissi production SIDDHARTHA based on Herman Hesse’s novel on the closing day of Uday Shankar Dance Festival at Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata, organized by WB State Music Academi. Choreography by Ileana Citaristi, music by Annada Prasanna Patnaik.
- 20th Dec, Puri: Art Vision performs Odissi group choreography for KUMARA UTSAV on the Puri Beach organized by Kumara Utsav Cultural Committee.
- 22nd -28th Dec, Bhubaneswar: Ileana Citaristi presents Odissi lec-dem and workshop for Spic Macay Virasat at Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar.
- 27th Dec, Bhubaneswar: Art Vision directed by Ileana Citaristi performs group choreography for International Odissi Festival at Rabindra Mandap. Organized by Odissi Research Centre and Dept. of Tourism, Goverment of Odisha.
|December 1- 30, 2014 Konark, Chennai, Singapore, Hyderabad|
Dance historian, scholar, author,critic DR SUNIL KOTHARI's itinerary for DECEMBER 2014
- KONARK: 1st till 4th Dance Festival
- CHENNAI: 4th Dec
- SINGAPORE: 6th and 7th Dec, International Conference on Bharatanatyam, National University of Singapore (NUS) conference
10th Dec: illustrated talk on Sattriya Dance at Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- CHENNAI: 11th till 31st Dec
18 to till 21 Dec, Natya Darshan conference
- HYDERABAD: 26th Dec, Kuchipudi seminar Conventional Centre
- CHENNAI: 27th till 30th Dec, Natya Kala Conference, Krishna Gana Sabha
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (0) 98107 48029
|Dec 1, 2014 - Jan 10, 2015 Bangalore & Chennai|
Schedule for Kavya Kasinathan, disciple of Mithun Shyam
- 1st Dec: Telugu Vignana Samithi, behind Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Malleswaram, Bangalore as part of SAI NRITYOTSAV at 6pm
- 7th Dec: Brahma Kumaris, Mysore
- 13th Dec: Sree Raagam Fine Arts, TN Rajarathinam Hall, RA Puram, Chennai 600028 from 5.45pm -7.15pm as part of Margazhi Season
- 27th Dec: Vipanchi, R K Swamy Auditorium, Mylapore, Chennai 600004 from 5pm – 6pm
- 10th Jan 2015: Dasyam Festival, RK Swamy Auditorium, Mylapore, Chennai 600004, 5pm
Info: 09341248059 / email@example.com
|December 2 - 30, 2014 Delhi, Chennai, Vrindavan|
Schedule for Geeta Chandran.
- 2 Dec: As part of SPIC-MACAY’s VIRAASAT 2014-2015 series, Geeta Chandran will present an illustrated lecture showcasing Bharatanatyam at the Tagore International School, Vasant Vihar, Delhi, 10am.
- 15 Dec: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (Chennai) presents ANAVARNA abhinaya – including Vaachika by Geeta Chandran at Bhavan’s TAG Auditorium at No.6, Kilpauk Garden Road, Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010, 6pm.
- Dec 20: Geeta is part of a conversation on INTERPRETING THE CREATIVE PROCESS with Dr. Anita Ratnam and Gauri Sharma Tripathi at Natya Darshan seminar, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore, 12.15pm
- 27 Dec: As part of the annual sewa at the Sri Radha Raman Temple in Vrindavan, Geeta Chandran will offer Nritya Sewa.
- 30 Dec: As part of a 2-day festival of performances to pay tribute to Guru Deba Prasad Das, Geeta Chandran will perform at the festival hosted by Binayak Panda. Stein Auditorium, Habitat World, Lodi Road, New Delhi 110003
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.geetachandran.in
|December 8 - 28, 2014 Canary Islands
3rd International Interdisciplinary NO BORDERS project in collaboration with & supported by Teatro Guimera and Ayuntamiento de Arafo
From 8th – 28th December 2014 at Canary Islands – Tenerife – Spain
Performance │Dance │ Visual Arts │ Spirituality
Fees: 670 Euros for international applicants
600 Euros for Indian, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Philippine, Chinese, African
Fee includes accommodation and 3 meals/weekdays
Scholarships are available for people with financial difficulties. Specify reasons in the motivation letter.
Facilitated & Organized by: Vangelis Legakis
Coordinated by: Acerina Amador
Teachers: Vangelis Legakis, Acerina Amador, Goran Bogdanovski,
Sandra Dorem, Bibiana Crespo, Camila Cavieres
Accommodation: manantialdetara.org /Theater Performance: www.teatroguimera.es
Exhibition Hall: www.arafo.es
The 2nd project in 2013 was created in China – Xiamen supported by and in collaboration with
Xiamen University, Xiamen Kendo-Yishan & Massbox Art Camp
The 1st project in 2012 was created in Thailand, Chiang Mai Supported by and in collaboration with Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai Dramatic College and The Yoga Tree
Send your CV and a motivation letter latest by 3rd November 2014
|December 23 - 31, 2014 Kochi, Belgaum, Chennai & Coorg|
Schedule for Madhu Nataraj & Stem Dance Kampni
- Dec 23: Madhu Nataraj & the Natya STEM Dance Kampni present KATHAK THROUGH THE AGES at the Bharteeyam festival in Kochi
- Dec 27: Natya STEM Dance Kampni present Dr Maya Rao's choreography KATHAK THROUGH THE AGES in Belgaum for Shantala Arts Academy's annual festival
- Dec 28: Madhu Nataraj Kiran presents a lecture demonstration VRINDA- COURTING CHASTITY, at the Natya Kala Conference, Chennai
- Dec 31: Natya STEM Dance Kampni present USHAS- A NEW DAWN at Taj Vivanta, Coorg
Info: email@example.com / www.stemdancekampni.in
|December 26 - 28, 2014 Hyderabad|
Saraswathi Rajathesh and Natyasaraswathi presents:
- Dec 26, 10am: DAAS’OHAM, inaugural ceremony of Silicon Andhra International Kuchipudi convention, Balayogi Stadium, Gachbowli. Entry by prior registration
- Dec 27, 6pm: Kuchipudi performance at Shilparamam craft village Amphitheatre. Entry free
- Dec 28: Kuchipudi dances by 35 disciples as a part of Guinness records event. Entry free
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.natyasaraswathi.com
|December 26 - 30, 2014 Bhubaneswar|
The 9th edition of INTERNATIONAL ODISSI DANCE FESTIVAL 2014 is organized by GKCM Odissi Research Centre, Bhubaneswar in association with Department of Tourism & Culture, Govt. of Odisha. The International Odissi Dance Festival was started in 2006 by Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra Odissi Research Centre with a view to bringing Odissi dancers from across the country and abroad to a single platform to assess their performances from different perspectives such as: style, technique, costume, music and other related movements and mudras being used in Odissi dance. This festival also helps to enrich their presentation of Odissi with all its aesthetics, purity and classicism. Young, talented dancers along with legendary and established dancers are encouraged in the festival.
This year around 250 dancers and 200 accompanying musicians are participating. Every day the festival has two sessions. The 1st session starts from 4pm to 6pm and the 2nd session from
6:30pm onwards. There are 9 solo dances, 5 duets and 3 group Odissi dance program featuring 150 Odissi dancers from Odisha, 60 from outside state and 30 dancers from countries like Italy, U.S.A, Japan, Malaysia, Germany etc.
At: Rabindra Mandap, Bhubaneswar
|December 28, 2014 Bangalore|
Academy of Bharatanatyam presents solo Bharatanatyam recital of Aishwarya Madhvaraya, disciple of Gayathri Keshavan.
At: K.H. Kalasouda, Hanumanthnagar, Bengaluru, 11am. All are welcome.
|December 29, 2014 Ahmedabad|
Suprava Mishra and her troupe Aum Arts Dance Academy will perform SWACH BHARAT- TRIDHARA. This is a combination of Odissi dance, Palli nrutya and Sambalpuri nrutya
Venue: Kankaria Carnival, 7 to 8 pm.
|December 29, 2014 Bangalore|
Do join us for an exciting showcase of the Authentic Movement & Expressional Dance workshops, conducted by our Goethe resident -Angela Boeti (www.tanzritual.de) from Berlin, featuring Natya & STEM Dance Kampni & the students of The College of Kathak & Choreography. Angela's unique approach to Dance pedagogy and therapeutic methodology also combines the Body Mind Centering, Movement Ritual by Anna Halprin, Laban Movement Analysis and Bartenieff Fundamentals.
Venue: Natya and STEM Dance Kampni Studio, #37 Bhoomika 17th Cross, between 4th and 6th Main Malleswaram, Bangalore, 6.30pm
|December 29, 2014 Bangalore|
Shivapriya School of Dance presents TANDAVA – The Celestial Dance of Lord Shiva, a mix of vibrant classical dance forms and theatre by Dr. Sanjay Shantaram.
ANANDA TANDAVA – Dr. Sanjay Shantaram, Anjali Srikant
SHRINGARA TANDAVA - Gopal Krishna, Stella Rosemary
RUDRA TANDAVA – Shekar Rajendran, Sneha Bhagwat
Artists: Dr. Sanjay Shantaram , Shekar Rajendran, Sneha Bhagwat, Gopal krishna, Anjali Srikant, Stella Rosemary, Victor George, Shweta, Arushi, Anirudh, Bhavya, Namita, Meghana, Samyukta, Apeksha, Raveeksha, Meghana and many other dancers.
At: Chowdiadh Memorial Hall, 7pm. All are welcome.
|December 29, 2014 Pune|
ICCR and Symbiosis International Cultural Centre present Tagore’s VIJAYA – THE VICTORIOUS with music, dance, poetry and visuals.
At: Vishwabhavan Auditorium, Senapati Bapat Rd, Pune, 7.30pm
|December 29 & 30, 2014 Chennai|
Programs for Navia Natarajan
- Dec 29, 1:30pm: Narada Gana Sabha
- Dec 30, 1:30pm: Krishna Gana Sabha
|December 30, 2014 Chennai|
Lakshmi Vishwanathan presents SHIVOHAM for Brahma Gana Sabha
At: Sivagami Pethachi Auditorium, 7pm
|December 31, 2014 Chennai|
Sri Sumukhi Rajasekharan Memorial Foundation invites all children, youth, elders, music & dance institutions to join the 13th BALA VIDHWAN BHAVANI from 6am to 8am. Feel the divine experience of bhakthi & Margazhi chillness in this spiritual walk. Start from Mylapore Kapaleeswarar Temple (near Theradi) and go around the four Mada Streets by singing Bhajans & Namavalis. Please dress up in traditional South Indian attire. Participation certificate will be given to all children who attend this Spiritual Walk. Interested people may call and register.
Info: 9382698811 / 9381038385 / www.srimylaporetrio.in