Natya Institute of Kathak & Choreography’s
Skill Diploma in Choreography
From July 2020
Apply by July 15, 2020
Announcing the country's first Skill Diploma in Choreography - India's only course in Choreography designed for today’s dancer who seeks to balance a sound training with emerging trends in the global dance scenario. This one year course is certified by Natya Institute of Kathak & Choreography AND JUx, Jain (Deemed to be University) and takes on a hybrid avatar utilising digital learning platforms and subsequently live interactions, through regular assessments and assignments.
Natya is a symbiotic school of thought that fuses traditional dance disciplines and evolving choreographic trends as a medium for development through dance education, performance and interface. Keeping this philosophy in mind, this specially designed course nurtures the creative abilities of dance students & provides the right atmosphere for them to make their mark as performers & choreographers of high calibre. The faculty is made up of eminent artistes and experts from the field of dance, academia, media, music, theatre, design, management and therapy.
* We will require the presence of the student in Bangalore, India, for about 10 to 15 days for live interactions, training and final examinations towards the end of the term.
• Min 5 to 6 years of dance experience
• 18 years & above
• 12th grade/ 2ND PUC pass
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• *Mandatory for all applicants to clear the aptitude test (theory & practical)
• Lectures, workshops & intensives taught by master practitioners & experts
• 80% Online. Last month intense workshopping at the NIKC Bangalore
• Online mentored choreographic presentations plus production mounted on stage for the final assessment.
WHAT YOU WILL I LEARN
• History of Choreography
• Art & Craft Of Choreography
• Production Design:
An Overview of: *Lighting design *Stage Design *Costume design * Music composition.
• Dance Treatises and Indian Aesthetics
• Art History
• Research & Documentation
• Arts Management
• Movement Vocabularies - Kathak, Indian Martial
• Arts, Folk/Ritualistic motifs, Mime & Contemporary Indian dance
• Choreographic realignment for the virtual space
WHAT ARE THE COURSE TIMINGS:
• 4 Days in a week - 2 hours per day
• 20 to 25 days of Intensive training at our studio in Bangalore before the completion of the course.
MY PROSPECTS AFTER DOING THIS COURSE:
• Further studies in Dance/ Choreography/Dramaturgy
• Go into fields such as Research, dance therapy, dance education, movement analysis & Films.
• Teach at important academic, cultural institutions in India and Overseas.
• Many of our Alumni are renowned choreographers and performers internationally
• Prestigious organizations like the I.C.C.R., Ministry of External Affairs, Dept. of Culture, Ministry of H.R.D., Govt. of India & Karnataka, Sangeet Natak Akademi recognize the pioneering contribution of the NIKC by aiding the Institute &recruiting the graduates for teaching & choreography assignments internationally, apart from according research & production grants, and fellowships.
LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS - JULY 15, 2020
FOUNDER - Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay
PATRON - Anil Biswas
FOUNDER-DIRECTOR - Dr. Maya Rao Natarajan
Advisory & Academic Board
Dr Indu Parthasarathy
Praveen D Rao
Dr B V Rajaram
S G Vasudev
Prof Vikram Sampath
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE/GOVERNING COUNCIL
Vimala Rangachar - Chairman
Dr. Anita Ratnam - Vice Chairman
Madhu Natraj Kiran - Director
Syed Sallauddin Pasha - Member
T.D. Rajendra - Member
The Director, Directorate of Kannada and Culture, Government of Karnataka_ Ex-Officio Member
Sandhya Mendonca, Yeshoda M Rao, Shivananda Hegde, G Lakshmamma, Ramya N, Keerthi Kumar, A.D. Ponnamma, M.C. Ramamurthy, S.M.K. Rao, Sonar Chand.